Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Looking for cable, 2 coax with overall 3rd shield

On Sat, 15 Mar 2014, amdx wrote:

On 3/15/2014 9:45 PM, RobertMacy wrote:
On Sat, 15 Mar 2014 16:17:01 -0700, amdx wrote:

I'm looking to buy cable that has two wires, each in a shield, then
this whole thing is in another shield. Flexibility is good.
Thanks, Mikek

is that called twinax?

Belden makes it, I think

From what I see, twinax is 2 wires in one shield. I need both wires in
their own shield and then a third shield around both of those.
Thanks, Mikek

So it's really two pieces of thin coax in a single covering.

I don't know. I was checking garage sales one day in the summer, and
passed yard that had a nifty monitor cable lying there all by itself,
just discarded. It had BNC connectors on both ends, at least three. So I
assume it had something like RG174 between the connectors, and then some
wrapper around the individual pieces, but I could be wrong. A nice blue.
I haven't dug any deeper, but was thinking if my assumption is right, the
I could strip out the connectors and small cables, and have a more useful
to me set of cables.

Michael