Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Convert a 110v to a 210v for an electric dryer

On Thursday, March 13, 2014 11:13:05 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 3/13/2014 10:58 AM, TimR wrote:

I actually had something like this happen when

I worked in a small manufacturing plant.

An electrician installed an extra outlet in my

office. The custodian burned out two vaccuum

cleaners, didn't tell me until later. But I needed

to drill a hole for some reason I no longer remember,

and it ran REAL fast. So I put a meter on the outlet.

Someone mentioned years ago, some contractors were

using a socket on the neighbor's porch. Run all

kinds of tools during the day. Neighbor was upset

at both the guys not asking, and the cost of the

power. One day the neighbor wired the socket for

220 VAC, and the power theft stopped.

I had a neigbor always use my outdoor outlet, so I put all the outside outlets on a switch. convenient fopr christmas decorations