Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default OT? strut in desk chair or kitchen chair

"philo " wrote in message

On 03/16/2014 08:52 AM, micky wrote:
OT?

A lot of desk chairs and kitchen chairs have a center
strut, that compresses when one sits down.

snip

A few years ago my wife bought me a new chair for my
office and of course yelled at me for not looking at the
assembly instructions.

Of course I put it together backwards and the seat,
instead of leaning back, leaned forward. She really had a
good laugh.

There is a story that Abraham Lincoln had the front legs of his office guest
chairs shortened slightly so that the "guests" would be sublimily urged on
their way. No idea if it is true or not.

--

dadiOH