nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Everyone is speculating about what happened to that plane, and the longer it's fate remains unknown, the wilder and wilder the speculation becomes.

Now, we're talking about pirates highjacking a plane for ransom just as they would an oil tanker. The problem with that theory is that whomever hijacked the airplane would have to have known enough about it to have turned it's transponders off, and that's not the level of technical sophistication you have amongst typical Somali pirates.

We will eventually find out what happened to that plane, but I suspect the truth will be far more mundane that the speculation, and may even be annoyingly anticlimactic.

One thing's for certain. Whomever took that airplane on a joy ride is almost certain to be given a book and movie deal from some Hollywood producer wanting to cash in on the intrigue.