Posted to uk.d-i-y
Uncle Peter[_2_] Uncle Peter[_2_] is offline

Default Dim fluorescent tube

On Sat, 15 Mar 2014 23:12:22 -0000, Bill wrote:

On Sat, 15 Mar 2014 21:38:44 -0000, Bill wrote:

In message , Uncle Peter writes

Right, as we are talking specifics here, "ten times more efficient"
Could you enlighten us as to how you are measuring this?

10x less electricity, same brightness of bulb.

At the risk of repeating myself, knowing how much one has to be accurate
in these types of discussion. "How are you measuring this?"

Presumably you are measuring power consumed and light output. How?

Because they look they same. And that is the only important factor in
a domestic bulb.

Ah ha, so in the interests of accuracy, which is also an important
factor, could we agree on "appears to be 10X more efficient"?

Yes, although you should acknowledge that lighting is designed to APPEAR, that's its only purpose, for us to see things. So the subjective brightness is all that matters (unless you're using it for scientific equipment or something). Consider pulsed LEDs for example.

--
Hit the button marked 'STOP' with remaining hand.