Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Flight MH370 disaster - Some thoughts about telemetry, hijacking

In article ,
"Robert Green" wrote:

If someone did steal that plane, it would certainly be the crime of the
century. Will it go to a chop shop? I can't imagine some other country
could repaint the plane and begin using it, not if the engines phone home
every hour. I'd certainly be sending people to every landing strip/airport
capable of landing such a plane within its flight range to "look around."
Could be the Uighurs, but since they mostly stab people to death (or so it
seems) I don't see them as having the technical skills to pull off stealing
a modern jetliner. But then again, I didn't think the 9/11 hijackers could
do what they did.

Given your chop shop scenario, they would not only have to land, but
probably do so on less modern landing field. That is orders of magnitude
more technical than flying things into a building.

If it crashed in the ocean, enough stuff will float that eventually some of
it will reach shore somewhere. It is one of the greatest *true* mystery
stories I've ever heard of. It's like trying to prove a murder was
committed without the body.

Probably, look at all the tsunami stuff washing up on the west
coast. Although it may take awhile and then it has to wash up on an
inhabited part of the coast. Who knows.
--
³Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive,
but what they conceal is vital.²