Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dim fluorescent tube

In article ,
John Williamson wrote:
It's possible to buy pin for pin replacements, all you may need to do is
replace the ballast choke with the appropriate gear for the LED array
used (Which could be just a piece of wire).

So hardly a direct replacement.

Have a close look at the
lights in your local supermarket next time you're in there, and you may
just be able to make out the point sources inside what looks exactly
like a normal tube.

http://www.ledchoice.co.uk/led-tube-...FUsUwwodHbMA-w

They give off more lumens per watt, and the clincher for commercial
applications is that the life is longer, so you spend less on
maintenance.

Given I have some fluorescent tubes (electronic control gear) here which
are many many years old and still going strong, I'll take any claims for
LED life with a pinch of salt. The few mains ones I've tried have failed
in about the same time as a tungsten. Making for a very expensive
experiment.

And I'm not impressed by the light quality of those LED strip lights.

--
*24 hours in a day ... 24 beers in a case ... coincidence? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.