Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dim fluorescent tube

On 15/03/2014 14:03, Andrew Mawson wrote:
"John Williamson" wrote in message

In article ,
Uncle Peter wrote:
I've stopped using fluorescent tubes, they're very inefficient. As the
tubes died, I replaced the fittings to take LEDs.

You'd need an awful lot of LEDs to replace a 6ft tube...

And what makes you think they are more efficent?

It's possible to buy pin for pin replacements, all you may need to do
is replace the ballast choke with the appropriate gear for the LED
array used (Which could be just a piece of wire). Have a close look at
the lights in your local supermarket next time you're in there, and
you may just be able to make out the point sources inside what looks
exactly like a normal tube.

http://www.ledchoice.co.uk/led-tube-...FUsUwwodHbMA-w

They give off more lumens per watt, and the clincher for commercial
applications is that the life is longer, so you spend less on
maintenance.

So at 58 GPB each and I have 36 doubles ie 72 tubes thats ONLY 4000
quid so no I'm not changing them !!!!!!!

Tightwad! ;-)

--
Tciao for Now!

John.