Julian Shaw

Default Powermatic 4224

My opinion is that the 4224 is the best lathe in the price
range...knock the spots off WoodFast / Vicmarc / Delta ....but don't
expect a One Way or Stubby for the price...I had problems with
delivery (they dropped the lathe on the way) and had another one
shipeed the same day...another factor is the spindle threading...it is
about 1/2" longer than WoodFast / VicMarc...and my smaller vicmarc
chuck wouldn't fully thread on... so i bought a new insert from
packard woodworks which allows for this extra length...
The lathe does have an large selection of add-ons and has made a great
production spindle and bowl lathe...