Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default PING TMH

This morning, lady wanted a battery replaced in an alarm - could I do it
today?

She hadn't actually got the 6v lead acid battery & had no idea where to
get one.

She complained that another handyman she had booked hadn't turned up &
wouldn't answer her calls.

I quoted £45 - she was horror struck. No idea what the handyman who
didn't turn up had quoted, but I can guess why he didn't turn up.

£45 sounds pretty reasonable to me.

By the time you have been to wherever you go to get the battery on a
Saturday, travelled to her, done the job, then got home again, how much
would you be earning per hour?

And that's assuming you don't have to go round to her house first to
check exactly what size battery it takes. How do you know it's 6v, not
12v, for example?

Do let us know if she gets back to you to accept the £45 quote.