Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Cleaning Up a Broken CFL

Dan.Espen wrote:
Halogen bulbs have a filament:

A halogen lamp, also known as a tungsten halogen, quartz-halogen or
quartz iodine lamp, is an incandescent lamp that has a small amount
of a halogen such as iodine or bromine added.

70w is supposed to be equivalent to 100w incandescent. It's
an attractive light, reasonably priced, and works in existing
clamp lights. (I can still buy 150w and 300w incandescent bulbs, but
they've become absurdly expensive.)

Conserving electricity is part of a rational national security policy.
By using less electricity, we are less dependent on foreign sources of
oil.

Everywhere I've used CFLs I get better light.

The drawback to Halogen is the heat.

And they don't like being dimmed.