Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default What can be done to free Ukraine?

On Fri, 14 Mar 2014 07:35:04 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
Oren wrote:

On Thu, 13 Mar 2014 23:16:29 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

- Repeal federal law prohibiting assassination of foreign dignitaries.

Unless there was a follow up law, this was only an Executive Order
which can easily be overturned by another. Of course, assassinating a
honcho is pretty much the archetypical Casus belli.

Are those words Spanish for Revolution?

Latin for act of war.

More specifically Latin, an occasion or occurance of war. Meaning:
"an event or action that justifies or allegedly justifies a war or
conflict " Origin: 1840-50; Neo-Latin:

So it wouldn't have to be an actual act of war. If you spit in Putin's
face or accidentally stepped on his toe, or laughed at Qadafi's shoes,
and he said that was his reason for attacking wherever you live, the
spitting or stepping or laughing alone would be a casus belli. With
some crackpots, it really would be the reason.

I had heard it translated cause of war, and though that fits, nowhere
could I find today a translation of casus as cause.