Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default When is a flap disc worn out?

On 3/13/2014 2:48 PM, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
I have a flap disc for my 4-1/2" grinder. It has stopped grinding
because the grit is gone on the exposed flap. I thought the flaps were
supposed to wear down & expose more grit. There is plenty of flap left.

home.comcast.net/~bobengelhardt/DSCF0989.JPG
home.comcast.net/~bobengelhardt/DSCF0990.JPG

Do I have to expose more flap by directly removing the used part? If
so, how?

Thanks,
Bob

Here are a few links to some info I found about flap wheels, hope this
helps.

http://weldingweb.com/archive/index.php/t-60605.html

http://www.ctsmag.com/index.php/comp...-and-more.html

http://www.offroadfabnet.com/forums/...ead.php?t=8719