Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default PING TMH

Just an example of the calls you get;

Picked up the answer phone messages for today. Three messages, all from
the same bloke wanting his gutters cleaned. He was shouting at the
phone each time & sounded like a raving loon. I won't bother calling
him back.

This morning, lady wanted a battery replaced in an alarm - could I do it
today?

She hadn't actually got the 6v lead acid battery & had no idea where to
get one.

She complained that another handyman she had booked hadn't turned up &
wouldn't answer her calls.

I quoted £45 - she was horror struck. No idea what the handyman who
didn't turn up had quoted, but I can guess why he didn't turn up.