Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default PING TMH

On 13/03/2014 20:02, Nightjar wrote:
On 13/03/2014 19:52, Rod Speed wrote:
I think it would be better to quote using the photos and then
when you get the job, point out the problem when you show
up to do the work and discover its not as simple as it appeared
to be from the photos and give them the option of paying a
higher price or not starting the job...

Which would get you a reputation as a rip-off merchant.

Is correct. Unless you overquote on all jobs, so losing work, and give a
refund if it takes less time than expected.

Any attempt to increase the price once an estimate or quote has been
accepted by the client is not a good idea. On the other hand, on
occasions where I've been asked for less than the quote, I've been
pleased, and so am more likely to use that tradesman again.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.