Posted to alt.home.repair
Arnold2303 Arnold2303 is offline

Default Dual sump pumps

replying to , Arnold2303 wrote:
hrhofmann wrote:

To Arnold,
I did my own installations of all 3 pumps. I was replacing a single pump

hat the builder put into the house when he built it in 1957. We bought

the
house in 1965 and I put the second pump in a few years later. The third

ater-powered pump I put in about 5 years ago so that I didn't have to

worrr
y about power failures when we were out of town on vacations, since I

didn'
t want to have my neighbors worrying about my flooded basement when they

wo
uld be having problems themselves. I figured it was cheap insurance. If

ur local water pressure ever goes down, we are in much bigger trouble than

just my basaement flooding.

Thank you.

What horsepower did you go with? Also, is there any particular brand
that you can speak highly of? I hear good things about Zoeller.

I appreciate your patience. This is all foreign to me. I'm not handy at
all. I just know I have to do something before this sump (which has been
working overtime) burns itself out and we have a wet basement on our
hands.