Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default PING TMH

www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote
dennis@home wrote
Stephen wrote

7. Anything I have missed out with my thinking?

Keep your job,

Not such a bad idea.
Keep the day job and offer services Sat. , Sunday and evenings.

Unlikely to appeal to someone who wants to work 9-5 and to have
6 weeks holiday a year.

Build up a range of clients, let word of mouth start working
(and the convenience of a weekend trader for customers)

Stash the cash in an account as a buffer for the point at which there is
too much work for weekend/evening hours, then take whatever holiday
entitlement is left all at once (4 weeks or whatever) and hand in notice
before end of holidays. (though the company should by rights only pay
for the proportional amount of holiday i.e. 1 day/xx days worked in the
current holiday year)

If there isn't enough work to take up the whole of the weekend after 6
months then forget it.

Still got the job and never left in the twighlight zone of no
employee-job and not enough personal work to cover out goings.

And be versatile.