Posted to rec.radio.shortwave,sci.electronics.repair
Leif Neland Leif Neland is offline

Default Highly Shielded Audio Cable

Ralph D. udtrykte præcist:
Hi,

I need a cable (ideally about 20ft), stereo 3.5mm male/male, highly shielded
to connect my audio source to a transmitter across a room. This cable passes
many sources of interference, so the shielding is critical.

I would prefer to get it from Amazon so as to get it quick with Prime
(incredibly narrow window of free-time during a currently very busy schedule)
but would be OK with ordering from one of the Ham sites if turnaround time is
very good. I could not get a good search parameter on Amazon that didn't turn
up thousands of hits that I just don't have time to sift through right now.

Any good cable with known good isolation would be good. I have ferrite chokes
I can use, but would prefer a cable of suitable quality that did not need
them (current cable is getting interference even with them as this is not
just run-of-the-mill 60cycle stuff).

Any good suggestions would be appreciated.

You could go digital/optical with a analog-toslink-analog combo.

There is a combination at the bottom of the ad he
http://amzn.com/B005F20756

It claims only 18 feet, that could be close enough to your approx 20ft,
when there are analog cables in either end.

But I haven't seen an 18ft toslink cable...

There must transmitters which are more powerful, if you need a longer
range.

Leif

--
Husk kørelys bagpå, hvis din bilfabrikant har taget den idiotiske
beslutning at undlade det.