Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default How long does Sharkbite last? ask a plumber?

Red Green posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

Today two commercial/residential experienced plumbers came into the
store. I asked them do they use Sharkbites. Response was NFW except in a
1am situation where they needed a temporary repair always to be followed
up next business day with permanent sweat fittings.

I asked why. They said half the time it they failed the pressure test
when they tried them way back.

I believe the pressure test is they cap off the rough in piping, put a
pressure gauge on an open end and pump it up to some psi at the end of a
day. In the morning they check the pressure gauge.

When was this; in their infancy? Do they have a vested interest in this?

--
Tekkie