Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Flight MH370 disaster - Oil Rig Worker Says He Saw It Crash In Flames

On Wednesday, March 12, 2014 3:42:51 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Wed, 12 Mar 2014 14:54:06 -0400, Kurt Ullman

wrote:

In article ,

Moe DeLoughan wrote:

http://gawker.com/oil-rig-worker-say...-flames-154222

6293

Oil Rig Worker Says He Saw Flight 370 Crash in Flames

A New Zealand man working on an oil rig in the South China Sea claims

he witnessed missing Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 burst into flames

before disappearing.

Mike McKay, who was working on the Songa Mercur drilling platform off

the Vietnamese coast, described the incident, which he said took place

50-70 km from his location, in an email to his supervisors.

ABC's Bob Woodruff confirmed with Mckay's employers that the email is

real. If what McKay witnessed was actually Flight 370, it would

disprove reports that the flight changed course and disappeared over

the Strait of Malacca.

You can read his email to his bosses at the above link.

And he knew exactly how that it was MH370 or heck he knew it was a place

exactly how?

I a plane blows up 50 km away in clear weather at 37000 ft you will

see a small flash of light and a puff of smoke - and likely some

flaming peices falling. Not much question what it is - but definitely

would not be able to identify what plane. If he saw something at the

right time, you would assume it is the plane in question.

Two problems there. From all that I've seen, particularly the letter
he doesn't say what time, which is the most critical piece of information.
He only says it was at the "right time". Right time based on what,
especially since there is so much confusion already?
And I've looked at the flight path that 370 took on several different days
before the crash. Where he saw the burning is 200+ miles from it's
normal flight path. Of course it could still be there, who knows
because I guess you have to assume that if it kept flying past it's
last known position, it could have gone anyhere within it's remaining
6+ hours of fuel. Just seems doubly odd that the transponders get
turned off and it winds up coming down as a fireball someplace else
hours later.

When my friend takes off from Stratford airport 40 km away and turns

on his wig-wag lights at 6000 feet he can be plainly seen from

Waterloo Regional (if he is pointed towards the airport).That is a

plane with a 32 foot wingspan, and the lights are 3 inches in

diameter.