Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Sorta MR - Looking for Small Engine Parts

On 3/12/2014 2:21 PM, Joe "Dufu" wrote:
On Wed, 12 Mar 2014 13:05:58 -0500, wrote:

On 3/12/2014 9:01 AM, Joe "Dufu" wrote:
Wisconsin Robbins WI-185

Is same as Robin EY20 which may give you a few more places to look.
But, Subaru has really dried up parts and it's10 yr since production
ceased on these so other than electrical and/or valves/rings/etc., it's
probably going to be tough to find anything unless, as you say, you can
find a junker somewhere to salvage from.

Did not know that the Robin EY20 is the same. Will look into that.

eBay has parts, but as most of us have learned, a solid source is
better than eBay any day.

jackssmallengines.com has at least some stuff to keep one going
(electrical, etc.) and minimal rebuild (rings, valves, etc) but nothing
in big pieces at least in stock. Might check with them if there's any
source for such. I've always had great luck with them as far as being
reliable for what they say they'll do.

Then it's always check with the local Wisconsin distributors (presuming
there are any) and see if they've got any sources. I've a 30-yo JLG
manlift w/ an old (well, same age ) Wisconsin in it. One of the
local oil service outfits is able to get what there is from Wisconsin
for it so you may want to consider those kind of offbeat suppliers of
whatever sort there may be where you are.