guy

Default Ideas for quieting the Craftsman 21715 15" lathe?

I had the old version of that lathe to start out on and it lasted me a
month, and at that time all I was turning were cedar and pine 4x4s.
The service department wasn't any help but the sales people were, I
turned it back in and got my money back. Just my opinion but it seems
that craftsman makes its big power tools look good but thats about it.
Hopefully yours works out well. Personally I'd just turn it back in
and get the Jet or Nova minis and be happy with a quality piece of
equipment, quieter too. I'm not knocking Craftsman, thier handtools
(wrenches, etc) are perfect, that's all I'll buy, their toolboxes are
best for the price. They have to make money on some stuff though and I
guess the big stuff is where they choose to. Either way, good luck,
Guy