Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Flight MH370 disaster - new theory (asphyxia - air problems)

On Wednesday, March 12, 2014 9:15:59 AM UTC-4, Robert Green wrote:
"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message

stuff snipped

I just checked and mine just goes to voice mail when it is turned off

and it did indeed "ring" at my end. I don't care enough to find out what

happens underwater (grin)

Were you in Malaysia when you turned it off? (-:

I am surprised so many people believe that cell phones work exactly the same

all over the world or that there's plenty of cell tower coverage in the

waters off the coast of Vietnam.

I don't see anyone saying cell phones work exactly the same all over
the world. But don't you think that people that have been using them
in Malaysia, China, etc know how they behave there? That includes some
Malaysian Airline officials. They appear to be saying that the cell
phones are ringing like they are on and in cell phone service. Can't
you tell the difference on your phone?

http://www.rebelfone.com/category/fl...ap-vietnam.gif

So the red herrings are beginning to multiply. Soon we'll have a whole

school of them.

If there is no cell phone service in an area the phone is in or
the phone is off, and you call it, what happens in
your experience? You can't tell the difference? The phone just
rings the same? With all the phones I've had, all the places I've
used them, I could tell a difference between how they behave when
called when the phone was off or on. The phone I have right now,
if it's on and I call it, I hear it ring 5 times, if it's not on
it goes to voicemail in 1.5 rings. I think that is what the people
over there are saying. There could be reasons, like everything else
in this story it could be misreported, etc, but I don't see why it
should be dismissed as nonsense because it's consistent with my
experience.

And it could be consistent with the other evidence too. They are
still searching boths sides and across the middle of Malaysia, no?
If crashed over land there is some chance some phones could have
survived. Don't get me wrong, I don't think that's likely, but
neither do I think what the people are saying is completely nuts.