Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default Black cherry lumber

On 3/12/2014 8:45 AM, mkr5000 wrote:
I have a Black cherry tree that needs to come down, it's a large tree with a 28" diameter. I plan on doing it soon but was interested in the idea of possibly having them cut into manageable lengths (still a lot of weight, I know) and putting the raw timber on Craigslist.

Not just to recover some of the money taking it down but I hate to see it go to waste. I'd use it for firewood before giving it away.

What do you guys think? Woodturners maybe?

It's the weight that concerns me -- I may not want to mess with it.

well you need to do it now, before the water starts pumping again.
your best time to cut is winter.

--
Jeff