Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Flight MH370 disaster - new theory (asphyxia - air problems)

On Wednesday, March 12, 2014 8:39:52 AM UTC-4, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,

wrote:

On Tue, 11 Mar 2014 14:56:49 -0400,
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Mar 2014 10:22:29 -0700 (PDT), "

wrote:

"Smartphones of the missing aboard Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 are

still ringing according to reports

As many as 19 families of missing passengers have claimed to be connected

- and airline says they have rung crew's phones"

These are just people who do not have a clue how phone systems work.

You can take the battery out of your phone and anyone calling it will

still hear it "ring".

That signal is sent to you from your provider, not the phone you are

calling.

If a CELL phone is turned off it will NOT ring. You will get a "phone

out of service" or "customer not available" message. If the phones are

under water or wet they fail and also give an out of service message,

I just checked and mine just goes to voice mail when it is turned off

and it did indeed "ring" at my end. I don't care enough to find out what

happens underwater (grin)

But how many times did you hear it ring before going to voicemail when:

A - The cell phone was turned off

B - The cell phone was on.

Mine you can tell the difference. It rings 1.5 times when off, but
5 times when it's on. I think it's that kind of behavior that the
friends/families were talking about, but again from the reporting
who knows. They made it sound like it just keeps ringing, which
is odd, because almost everyone has voicemail that it would go to
today if the phone were still on and no one answered.