Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Convert a 110v to a 210v for an electric dryer

On Tue, 11 Mar 2014 12:35:26 -0700 (PDT), jamesgang
wrote:

On Tuesday, March 11, 2014 2:46:50 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tue, 11 Mar 2014 10:50:03 -0700 (PDT), jamesgang

wrote:

On Monday, March 10, 2014 6:44:01 PM UTC-4, lorie wrote:

Does anyone know how much it would be to convert a 110v outlet to a 210v,

I have an electric dryer already, but the mobile home I moved into has

only a gas hookup?

Ignore all the wacky suggestions of a transformer. Short answer, you can't "convert". You need a 240v 30amp circuit and outlet installed. New wire from the circuit breaker box to the location. Probably not terribly difficult if you can get under the mobile home.

In a mobile home, it might be easier to get the power from the power

pole outside. Usually a mobile home space has the service disconnect

and meter if present there.

You may have a spare breaker slot in that meter/main or you can find

an electrician who understands feeder taps.

This won't be a handyman.

I'd shy away from that. I think doing that turns the main panel into a sub and you'd have to go into it and separate the ground and neutral. Running wire under a mobile home is fairly easy.

http://www.electriciantalk.com/f2/ne...le-home-35874/

http://www.justanswer.com/electrical...lectrical.html

I haven't read these closely and wouldn't know if they were wrong even
if I did.

There are more
https://www.google.com/#q=adding+an+...+a+mobile+home