Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Flight MH370 disaster - new theory (asphyxia - air problems)

On Tuesday, March 11, 2014 8:36:45 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tue, 11 Mar 2014 12:22:53 -0700 (PDT), "

wrote:

On Tuesday, March 11, 2014 2:56:49 PM UTC-4, wrote:

On Tue, 11 Mar 2014 10:22:29 -0700 (PDT), "

wrote:

"Smartphones of the missing aboard Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 are still ringing according to reports

As many as 19 families of missing passengers have claimed to be connected - and airline says they have rung crew's phones"

These are just people who do not have a clue how phone systems work.

Probably, but you would think they would have had enough experience

calling their friends and family to know how the cell phone behaves

when it's off versus when it's on.

You can take the battery out of your phone and anyone calling it will

still hear it "ring".

It rings, but not the same way. With the cell phones I've had with

AT&T, Verizon and now

Zact. If the phone is on it rings many times, then goes into voicemail.

If it's not on it may ring a couple times and then go into voicemail

or not ring at all and go directly into voicemail. Or if you have

no voicemail, it says the phone is not in service. So, you would

think these people would know the difference, but I agree, I wouldn't

put much credence in it. I just tried it on my cell phone and when

I call it on my regular line if the phone is off it rings 1.5 times,

then goes into email. If the phone is on, I hear it ring 5 times

and the cell phone rings 4 times. I think that difference is what

these people are saying. They are even saying the phones behaved

as if they were ringing the actual phone for a couple days, but then

later stopped. But I agree it's more likely just confusion.

Still you would hope that the authorities tried to trace the call

routing in the days when the phones could have still been active.

But I don't have much confidence in the way this thing has been

handled.

That signal is sent to you from your provider, not the phone you are

calling.

Yes, but in my experience it behaves as discribed above.

Is that here or when the other phone is in Malaysia?

Let's say someone in Malaysia or China is used to calling their
relatives cell phone in Malaysia or China. I would think they
would know how the cell phone behaves when it's off, the battery
is dead, etc vs how it behaves when it's on. And if it's off,
it wouldn't matter whether the phone was still in Malaysia or
in China, or on the moon would it? They appear to be saying
that the phones ring like the phone is on and in contact with
the cell network.
But I agree there are few specifics, like the number of rings.
Mine will ring for 1.5 rings before going to voicemail. It
sounds like these people are saying the phones ring like they
normally would, ie for quite a while. An airline official
said they had the same experience. I agree it seems more
likely it could be confusion, differences in phone systems,
the people are in grief and desperately want to grasp at anything,
who knows.

At any rate the phone should be ain "airplane" mode which means you

are off the air.

It would be the same at 35,000 feet sipping a mai tai as it is on the

bottom of the Indian Ocean.

They should be, but with 239 people, it's very possible that
some were on. And since they don't know where the plane went, there
is some possibility that it could have crashed on land somewhere.
But even then, you have a point, what's the probability of 20+
phones surving that?

But from what I've heard, all the misinformation, BS, it was flying
for 2 hours when contact was lost, it was flying for 40 mins when
contact was lost, etc, my best guess is that it went down off
Kohta Bura right where we know the data ended. Something sudden, catastrophic,
that resulted in the plane losing power to the transponders, going
down mostly intact, near vertical, leaving little debris.