Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default How not to get stuck in snow

On Tue, 11 Mar 2014 15:40:59 -0500, Moe DeLoughan
wrote:

On 3/11/2014 3:36 PM, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 10 Mar 2014 18:58:28 -0400, "David L. Martel"
wrote:

Nestork,

Why don't you back into the parking space?

Dave M.

OP is talking about his tenants. They bug him for shovels, ice
chippers and salt. I'd tell 'em to buy those things at a local store.

I wouldn't. First, it's his property, so it's his responsibility as
the property owner/manager to keep it up. It's not as if the renters
are causing the problem, it's just as much an act of nature as grass
growing and trees needing trimming.
Second, because if they do it themselves, they can (probably will) do
some damage while angrily chopping away at the ice. He could end up
having to pay to have the surface patched as a result of people going
gangbusters on his pavement. Have the property maintenance people take
care of it.

Which is why I asked before, if there is a legal reason to provide a
specific service to the tenants. Shovels, ice chippers and salt...?

How about the tenant call for AAA service if they are stuck in a
little snow?