Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default How not to get stuck in snow

On Tue, 11 Mar 2014 15:51:32 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Ralph Nadir knew **** about safety, that thing was in two front end
accidents and was able to drive away fine and no one inside got injured.

Screw Nadar.

I had a '62 Corvair Monza coupe with snow tires. I drove a few people
home from work in a snowstorm and passed a Jeep on a hill. Loved that
car. I was broadsided by an 18 wheeler and has a couple of scratches,
but lost the car.

I was in a Corvair. Highway patrol figured it was rear ended by a
drunk driver at ~ 110MPH. Impact drove the engine and tranny forward
into the back seat. We all lived. Center back seat is a bad place to
sit, though