Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Table Saw purchase question

wrote:
On Tue, 11 Mar 2014 14:18:51 -0400, FrozenNorth
I called the insurance company told them what was now installed, and
they had no clue what I was talking about. For that tank to fail, I
would have to take up basement spear tossing as a hobby, or the rest
of the house crashed down on it.

Many of those who eschew the idea of a SawStop, feel the same way as
you do about your oil tank. Agreed, one maybe more likely to have a
tablesaw accident than an oil tank failing catastrophically, but
accident's can and do happen. The only way to deal with it is to be as
logical and unemotional about it as possible, and then make your
choice. It sounds like you've done that with your oil tank.

So Dave - just what is "as logical and unemotional as possible"? Sorry guy,
but I am going to accuse you of being just the opposite of that in your
reasoning. Not trying to start an argument here, but where is the logical
and unemotional evidence behind that statement?

--

-Mike-