Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default How not to get stuck in snow

On 03/11/2014 11:30 AM, wrote:

The answer seems to be front wheel drive.

The alley had turned completely to ice and I had no trouble getting through.

One of my neighbors who has a rear wheel drive could not even back up to
get into the alley.

Corvair, VW Bug, or old Simca rear drive handled it just fine!!!
It's EOD, Engine Over Drive that really makes the difference

My dad bought a Corvair in 1964 and I always freaked my friends out by
parking in snow banks etc . That think never got stuck.

Ralph Nadir knew **** about safety, that thing was in two front end
accidents and was able to drive away fine and no one inside got injured.

It was slightly light in front...so my dad just put a bucket of sand up
there.

The last time I got stuck in snow was when my company car was a 1982 Chevy.