Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Ariens Lawn Tractor

On 3/11/2014 12:12 PM, dpb wrote:
On 3/11/2014 7:22 AM, Pavel314 wrote:

And, _which_ B&S engine?

*Powered by a dependable 17.5 HP Briggs and Stratton single cylinder

overhead valve engine with easy to service air filter

But, the ? is which _specific_ model? B&S makes several levels; if it
were me I'd look at the actual engine model plate and look up the
specific engine model.

I hadn't looked for a while--B&S has 10 different series engines in that
HP class -- is it the top (HIGHLY UNLIKELY) or the bottom-feeder?
Several are Craftsman-exclusives, one or two Husky, the rest generic.

One thing I note even in the ad verbiage is they mention easy air filter
but don't mention whether it has an oil filter or not--I'd definitely be
wanting one high-up enough on the food chain that it does. It
_probably_ does, but I'd definitely want to know for certain and then
I'd see what I can find about customer satisfaction on the specific
model before I bit the bullet.

Not saying it's _not_ a good product, just do due diligence first.