Posted to alt.home.repair
jamesgang jamesgang is offline

Default Convert a 110v to a 210v for an electric dryer

On Monday, March 10, 2014 6:44:01 PM UTC-4, lorie wrote:
Does anyone know how much it would be to convert a 110v outlet to a 210v,

I have an electric dryer already, but the mobile home I moved into has

only a gas hookup?

--

Ignore all the wacky suggestions of a transformer. Short answer, you can't "convert". You need a 240v 30amp circuit and outlet installed. New wire from the circuit breaker box to the location. Probably not terribly difficult if you can get under the mobile home.