Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Table Saw purchase question

Leon wrote:
On 3/11/2014 12:02 PM, FrozenNorth wrote:
On 3/11/2014 12:58 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 11 Mar 2014 12:44:40 -0400, FrozenNorth
Old tank was nearly 60 years old, I put in a new tank, double
walled with a float in between, first tank leaks, float rises and
I know I have to get another tank. Just pass on the insurance.

Unfortunately, that is not an option in many instances. Many or most
businesses have to have insurance(s) to operate.

Yep, but I just passed on the oil tank coverage, still covered for
all the other usual stuff.

A serious question here. What if the tank leaks and causes a fire
that damages the rest of the house? will the rest of the house be
covered then? I think I would make darn sure that you are OK given
the fact that the tank is no longer insured.

Don't know about Canadian law, but here in NY - he'd be covered for the loss
of the house. What he would not be covered for is any costs if the tank
simply leaked and caused damages such as to surrounding things like a floor,
or other contents. It pays to understand what your insurance is really
covering. Too many questions asked here that are made obvious by looking at
one's policy.

--

-Mike-