Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How not to get stuck in snow

On Tue, 11 Mar 2014 05:47:17 -0500, philo* wrote:

On 03/10/2014 08:47 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Due to a really bad winter I sure had a lot of those snow clumps...but
as soon at I move the car or turn the wheel they fall off.

Yup,
Over here we are all on snow tires. That problem does not bother us.

The answer seems to be front wheel drive.

The alley had turned completely to ice and I had no trouble getting through.

One of my neighbors who has a rear wheel drive could not even back up to
get into the alley.

Corvair, VW Bug, or old Simca rear drive handled it just fine!!!
It's EOD, Engine Over Drive that really makes the difference