Posted to alt.home.repair
Pavel314[_2_] Pavel314[_2_] is offline

Default Ariens Lawn Tractor

On Monday, March 10, 2014 10:24:25 PM UTC-4, dpb wrote:
On 3/10/2014 9:03 PM, Pavel314 wrote:

About my same time frame...I'd look at whose engine it has as the

primary decider...perhaps tranny a little after that. I'm always

somewhat leery of the box store models, though; have you checked whether

it is or isn't a cheaper version of the real thing (like the short-lived

"Sabre" line of JD of a few years ago)?

It has a B&S engine, manual transmission. I checked one out at the

local HD this evening and it had a Husqvarna sticker on it.

But is it the same model as the main line or a cheap knock-off branded

specifically for HD?

And, _which_ B&S engine?