Posted to rec.radio.shortwave,sci.electronics.repair
dave dave is offline

Default Highly Shielded Audio Cable

On 03/10/2014 09:56 AM, Cydrome Leader wrote:
In sci.electronics.repair Ralph D. wrote:
Hi,

I need a cable (ideally about 20ft), stereo 3.5mm male/male, highly shielded
to connect my audio source to a transmitter across a room. This cable passes
many sources of interference, so the shielding is critical.

get some electrical conduit.

There should not be a lot of RF in the radio room, compared to near the
antennas. Do all the other stations use EMT for audio? It really isn't
necessary. You can probably use unshielded twisted pair if you know what
you're doing. The Phone Company doesn't use shielded cable for baseband
audio.