Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Limescale remover

On Mon, 10 Mar 2014 15:49:03 -0000, Brian Gaff wrote:

What is the best remover for this these days that won;
't destroy the shine underneeth on a bath and take the glaze of the
toilet?

We find that the supermarket own brand "100% limescale" loo descalers
work well enough but they aren't quick but no different in time to
what others have been saying about brick acid. On the bath you don't
want to get brick acid near anything metal/plated.

I am sure its got a lot worse in the last couple of years, I almost
have limescale icicales forming on my taps!

Ask the water board for the test results on your supply going back
over say the last ten years. Might need to use the FOI Act and cost
you a tenner.

--
Cheers
Dave.