Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default OT Blocking telemarketers

On 03/10/2014 12:23 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

I have no way to test this now as the robo calls have ceased entirely

but my AT&T account gives me the ability to block /all/ overseas calls...

but I have not enabled that option

It got so bad, I contacted my Congressman's local office. A staffer asked me to send in some of the numbers and they would do ? with the FCC. The frequency did decrease for a while, but is ramping up. I will contact Congressman's office again.

HB

I made the assumption there is no way within the legal system to handle
this....but I did file complaints with the FTC

My guess is that the calls are all coming from individual free-lancers
rather than any such organization as "Card Services"

So, if I only get one call from any one person there is probably no way
they could easily be prosecuted.

So glad it's stopped now.