Posted to alt.home.repair
Higgs Boson[_2_] Higgs Boson[_2_] is offline

Default OT Blocking telemarketers

On Monday, March 10, 2014 9:57:37 AM UTC-7, philo* wrote:
On 03/10/2014 09:10 AM, Moe DeLoughan wrote:

That's because Card Services is a scam run by many many different con

artists. The people working for the scammers who run the operation

eventually figure out that they can go into the same business for

themselves. Which they do, using the same script and fake company name.

It's not as if the crook they were working for is going to sue them for

stealing their idea. Especially when they're all working in different

countries, anyway.

That's the thing to remember: it doesn't matter what number appears on

the Caller ID, they are almost always putting up a fake phone number,

and they are based outside the US. It makes it much more difficult for

the FCC to go after them, since they're outside the FCC's jurisdiction.

Especially with regard to Card Services, it's an endless game of

whack-a-mole.

I have no way to test this now as the robo calls have ceased entirely

but my AT&T account gives me the ability to block /all/ overseas calls...

but I have not enabled that option

It got so bad, I contacted my Congressman's local office. A staffer asked me to send in some of the numbers and they would do ? with the FCC. The frequency did decrease for a while, but is ramping up. I will contact Congressman's office again.

HB