Posted to alt.home.repair
Moe DeLoughan Moe DeLoughan is offline

Default OT Blocking telemarketers

On 3/9/2014 3:52 PM, John wrote:
On 3/8/2014 7:57 PM, philo wrote:
On 03/08/2014 06:47 PM, bob haller wrote:
many of those calls are from overseas, the caller can generate ANY
caller ID number they want.

yep, but thus far I have not gotten any such calls.

Before too long I will probably get rid of my land line entirely

Even get them on my cell. 'Do not call lists' are useless, nationwide
or state.

Well, DUH. These are coming from criminal operations. Do you expect
burglars to honor a "keep out" sign posted on your front door?

The do not call lists were designed to block unwanted calls from
*legitimate* companies calling to drum up business. Most of the major
companies and many local companies honor those lists. Crooks laugh at
them.