Posted to alt.home.repair
Moe DeLoughan Moe DeLoughan is offline

Default OT Blocking telemarketers

On 3/10/2014 8:14 AM, philo wrote:
On 03/09/2014 11:46 PM, Nil wrote:
On 08 Mar 2014, philo wrote in
alt.home.repair:

the numbers do not fit the spoof profile mentioned elsewhere

I didn't see any profile mentioned, but based on my experience and from
what I've read, almost every illegal robocall displays a faked phone
number. Sometimes those numbers actually belong to someone else who
didn't make the call.

Card Services has so many lines they don't bother to cover their tracks.
They make more robo calls than all the others combined and if I was
only able to block their calls an no more I'd have been happy.

That's because Card Services is a scam run by many many different con
artists. The people working for the scammers who run the operation
eventually figure out that they can go into the same business for
themselves. Which they do, using the same script and fake company
name. It's not as if the crook they were working for is going to sue
them for stealing their idea. Especially when they're all working in
different countries, anyway.

That's the thing to remember: it doesn't matter what number appears on
the Caller ID, they are almost always putting up a fake phone number,
and they are based outside the US. It makes it much more difficult for
the FCC to go after them, since they're outside the FCC's
jurisdiction. Especially with regard to Card Services, it's an endless
game of whack-a-mole.