Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default OT Blocking telemarketers

On 03/09/2014 11:46 PM, Nil wrote:
On 08 Mar 2014, philo wrote in
alt.home.repair:

the numbers do not fit the spoof profile mentioned elsewhere

I didn't see any profile mentioned, but based on my experience and from
what I've read, almost every illegal robocall displays a faked phone
number. Sometimes those numbers actually belong to someone else who
didn't make the call.

Card Services has so many lines they don't bother to cover their tracks.
They make more robo calls than all the others combined and if I was only
able to block their calls an no more I'd have been happy.

moot point though as it looks like it's working.

I'm glad that it's working out for you.

It's very close to three days now and only one robo call.

That might have been because I picked up right away.

I went back to read more about "nomorobo" and they said to allow one
full ring . They apparently have been blocking most of them before I
even hear the ring.

Also: I went back to my AT&T account and see they have a number of
filtering features I never even knew about.