Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] mahamahafarhat@gmail.com is offline

Default Stick Welding with inverter welder and 5 kW generator

On Saturday, March 8, 2014 5:44:01 PM UTC+2, Ignoramus15036 wrote:
I would like to have the ability to weld off-site, without the need to

buy a dedicated engine welder. I have a Thermal Arc LS-300 inverter

stick welder, and a Honda 5 kW generator.

This would not be for big welding projects. More like, weld some

lifting eye to some machine to lift it for scrap, make a makeshift

ramp, weld scrap together to make a scrap pile more stable, that sort

of thing.

Do you think that I will be able to weld with 1/8" rod, with a 20A

220v outlet on the Honda 5 kw generator, without tripping the breaker

too often?

20A 220v = 4.4 kW

Welding at 35v 120A = 4200 kW

I have a feeling that I will be able to do it, if I keep the arc

short. Right or wrong?

Now you could get all in one from Hello World Magazine. The Hello World Magazine is a free online magazine which deals with fashion, beauty, homemade craft, recipe, entertainment, study, traveling and much more only for you. It would change your lifestyle. http://www.helloworldmagazine.com