Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default iPhone ring "repair"

On Sun, 9 Mar 2014 16:39:16 -0700 (PDT), Genesys
wrote:

On Sunday, March 9, 2014 3:31:27 AM UTC-4, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
Change the iPhone settings any way you want, but the
switch takes priority.

What's interesting is that the iPad actually has a settings option
under "General" that can be set to "Lock screen rotation" to remove
that switch's ability to silence the device. As you discovered,
the iPhone does not have such an option.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4085
I hope you understand all that. I certainly do not.
I couldn't find any such operational detail for the iPhone 4S.

It seems odd that Apple would provide multiple ways to prevent
ringing, but no way to prevent accidental muting. Oh well.

I was working on the assumption that the phone had this problem:
http://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/972122

I was tempted to mention that the award winning glass and stainless
design of the Apple iPhone 4 requires a hideous rubber and plastic
cover to protect it. The only time anyone sees the award winning
design is when they buy it, and when they sell it. If Apple had
designed the iPhone 4 with a built-in rubber bumper (as part of the
case), and a throw away plastic screen cover, it would probably have
won the worst looking smartphone award. Equally amazing is the
general acceptance of the buying public to purchase a really nice
looking smartphone, and then hide it under protective covers for the
duration of its useful life.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D