Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tips for arthritic repair people

On 3/8/2014 9:07 PM, joevan wrote:
On Thu, 6 Mar 2014 10:15:46 -0500, "Robert Green"
wrote:

I'm looking for any tips on how to cope with advancing arthritis. I
find twisting motions to be very difficult at times, and that
switching to set of 1/4" shank drills has really reduced the
amount of chuck twisting I have to do when using the electric
drill.

Two very helpful tools for CATV work have been wrenches for the
hex rings on RG6 cable. One is on a long stalk but the more useful
one is shaped like a 2" funnel with a slit in the side. It
increases the function diameter of the hex nut substantially

An anti inflamatory diet is a big help for a lot of rumatoid
conditions. Lots of onions and tomatos. I haven't had to take my
humira for going on 4 months since I started cooking onions and
tomatoes and adding all sorts of vegies along with Janes crazy salt
and somtimes a bit of cayenne pepper sauce.

What about lots of garlic and extra virgin olive oil? I use enough
garlic when cooking to run off all the roaches in the house and the
olive oil is one of the "good" oils you can consume. When I have olive
oil, I use it instead of margarine on pasta to keep it from sticking
together and cook with olive oil whenever I can substitute it in a
recipe that calls for butter or margarine. I like garlic bread and
usually spread butter/margarine on the bread the sprinkle garlic powder
on it so I've got to figure out a way to do it with olive oil. I wonder
if there is an olive oil spread produced by anyone? ^_^

TDD