Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Stormin Mormon saved me a lot of money on OIL

On 3/8/2014 7:03 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I go another oil delivery yesterday. I've been tracking my oil use
and the degree days for a few years. But let me back up a bit.

A few years ago, I was doing some research on a new oil fired boiler
for both heating and hot water. One of the suggestions was from
Chris Young, the Stormin Mormon at hangs out here. He suggested I
look into the System 2000 by Energy Kinetics. I did and I bought
it.

The literature on their web site says you can save up to 40% over
the old style boiler like I had. Doubtful, I figured if I save even
20% it would be a good deal. I had the system installed and started
doing the comparisons. My real savings was 39.2% the first season.
My oil supplier verified it and so did Energy Kinetics.

This morning I put the last two deliveries into my spreadsheet, I
got the degree days from www.degreedays.net and did the calculations.
So far this heating season, my savings as compared to my old (30
years) boiler is $907.00. I'm happy with that.

The system is paid for itself in a few years with oil cost savings.
At the time of purchase, I was able to get a state energy rebate,
Federal tax credit and state financing at 0% interest.

Ed, that is so cool, err..... warm. ^_^

TDD