Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default OT Blocking telemarketers

On 03/09/2014 05:10 AM, wrote:
philo wrote: "I signed up for this free service and for the last 30 hours the phone in
my house (AT&T landline) has been quieter than usual.

http://www.nomorobo.com/

I just plain had enough of that crap. "

Thanks for sharing that link. Unfortunately, donotcall.gov does not cover "robocalls". Frustrating, isn't it! My land line and cellphone EACH ring 15-20x per day, and only 1-2 of those calls are somebody I know(wife, aunt, etc.).

I will look into that link though.

I sure hope it works for you. If I got as many robo calls as you did I'd
be ****ed. It is disgusting that the " do not call" list is useless.

AT&T offered to give me another phone number (which of course would get
the calls too)

If their call blocking service had "wild cards" it would be useful
as the vast majority of the calls I get are from Card Services and they
all have the same area code and prefix.