Posted to alt.home.repair
Andy Rand Andy Rand is offline

Default Cutting plexiglass

On Saturday, March 8, 2014 12:31:11 AM UTC-5, Andy wrote:
I had a bear of a time cutting some plexiglass without cracking it.

It was 3/16 inch thick.

Using a very fine toothed sabre saw did not work.

I tried scoring it with a sheet rock knife.

I finally made some progress using a hack saw and going REAL slow.

Any tips ?

Andy

120 teeth per inch cut on the backside with the blade cuting through about one half inch. that side would be facing out the backside will be chipped slightly. let the blade cut the material. Sand or buff out the chipped side if desired.