Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Kenmore dishwasher -- rubber/plastic bits falling out (from door?)

On Sat, 08 Mar 2014 14:47:39 -0500, "Percival P. Cassidy"
wrote:

We have a Kenmore dishwasher model 665.13862K602 that is working fine
without any leaks, but from time to time we find thin bits of black
rubber or plastic material on the floor underneath the door, as though
they might have fallen out of the inside of the door. The stuff is
somewhat flexible, with an embossed hexagon pattern. but tends to break
on those embossed lines when flexed too much. It's definitely neither
the inner nor the outer door seal.

I've looked on various online sites that have parts diagrams but without
success. An online chat session with Sears Parts was equally unproductive.

What is this? Where is it coming from? Does it matter?

Maybe not. It certainly doesn't mean it's going to explode, nor leak
from the water supply or drain. Maybe a little from the DW some day,
but that might take 10 or 20 more years.

Have you checked the things you wash in it?

Perce